Aaron C. Garnett
Aaron C. Garnett is an attorney in the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group. Aaron concentrates his practice on complex commercial litigation and has successfully represented clients in a wide-variety of cases involving business torts, contracts, employment, real estate, insurance agent and broker disputes, securities, and shareholder and partnership disputes, among others. Aaron has experience litigating these and other types of complex cases in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums, throughout Florida. Aaron is experienced at litigating business cases on a contingency-fee basis and has a track record of significant recoveries.
Aaron has trial and appellate experience. Aaron assisted with several jury trials resulting in favorable plaintiff’s verdicts. In addition, Aaron was appellate counsel in McCoy v. Durden, 155 So. 3d 399 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014) and helped secure the reversal of the Circuit Court of Bay County Florida after the court’s entry of summary judgment in a complex derivative action involving the sale of a cluster of radio stations worth around $62 million.
Prior to joining the Business Trial Group, Aaron performed the responsibilities of a judicial law clerk with the United State Court of Federal Claims, Office of Special Masters in Washington, D.C. In addition, Aaron worked as an intern with the Consumer Protection Division of the Florida Office of the Attorney General and the Civil Litigation Division of the Virginia Office of the Attorney General, where he successfully advocated for consumers.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- FINRA Arbitration
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Liberty University, B.S., Summa Cum Laude
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- CALI Award for Excellence in Law and Medicine
- CALI Award for Excellence in Cross-Disciplinary Professional Development
- CALI Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property
- CALI Award for Excellence in Metropolitan Externship
- ABA/BNA Affairs Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law
- Assisted with three-day jury trial by jury in property contamination case resulting in a $423,000 verdict.
- Assisted with a three-day jury trial in a broker commission dispute resulting in a $427,800 verdict.
- Obtained settlement for tenants in a lawsuit against its landlord for conversion.
- Obtained settlement for an investor in lawsuit against insurance broker for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained settlement for subcontractor in a lawsuit against the general contractor involving a claim against payment bond.
- Obtained a settlement for an investor in lawsuit against his partner for breach of contract.
- Obtained settlement for manufacturer against engineering firm in professional negligence action arising from defects in components manufactured specially for client.
- Helped secure reversal of a judgment in a derivative action involving a $62 million business. McCoy v. Durden, 155 So. 3d 399 (Fla. 1st DCA 2014).
- Obtained a judgment for investor against business developers for breach of contract.
- Obtained judgment against securities broker business for treble damages for civil theft.
- Obtained confidential settlements for financial advisors in actions against national investment firms for breach of contract and wrongful termination.
- Obtained a confidential settlement for investors who were the victims of a bait-and-switch scheme involving the sale of precious metals.
- Helped obtain a multi-million dollar, confidential settlement for a group of investors for misrepresentations that induced their investment.