Benjamin A. Webster
Benjamin has helped complex commercial litigation clients win millions of dollars in jury verdicts and settlements. As a trial lawyer, he has experience handling a number of different types of complex commercial cases, including business torts, contract disputes, professional malpractice, construction defect and payment disputes, real estate litigation, commercial landlord/tenant disputes, partnership disputes and breakups, property recovery, and others – from inception all the way through trial and verdict. He currently serves as a co-managing partner of the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group.
Benjamin’s litigation experience extends to both state and federal trial courts, in addition to the Florida Appellate Courts and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Benjamin’s professional background includes several years practicing at national law firm Baker & Hostetler, LLP. For 8 years in a row, from 2013-2020, he has earned Florida Super Lawyers magazine’s “Rising Star” accolade, a distinction awarded to the top 2.5% of young attorneys in the state. He has also been named as one of “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend on multiple occasions – a designation awarded to attorneys by their peers, given to less than 2% of attorneys in the state of Florida. Benjamin received his J.D. from the Florida State University College of Law and his B.S. cum laude from Grand Valley State University.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers
- Law Review of the Florida State University College of Law,
- Moot Court Team, Florida State University College of Law,
- Final Four – FSU College of Law Florida Supreme Court Oral Argument Competition
- Runner Up – Luke Charles Moore Invitational Moot Court Competition, held by Howard University
- “Best Brief” award
- Runner Up, “Best Oralist” award
- Grand Valley State University, B.S., Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Courts for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit