Clay M. Townsend
A co-founder of Griffin, Morgan, Linder and Townsend, P.A. in 1985 with John Morgan, Clay has represented clients in personal injury claims, as well as commercial, entertainment, and intellectual property litigation in multiple jurisdictions. He has secured numerous million-dollar plus verdicts, judgments and settlements for his clients.
After graduating from the University of Florida Law School, cum laude, in 1982, Clay began a successful legal career. Some of the high-profile clients he has represented include Britney Spears’ manager, Johnny Wright, the Backstreet Boys, Harlem Globetrotter players and Michael Douglas.
- Entertainment Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- University of Florida, B.A., 1977
- University of Florida, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, 1982
- Florida Bar Trial Lawyer’s Section
- Florida Bar Entertainment Law Section
- American Bar Association (Entertainment and Sports Law section)
- Florida Justice Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Constitutional Law
- Family Law
- Comparative Law