Damien H. Prosser
Damien is Co-Managing Partner of the firm’s Business Trial Group. Damien began his legal career with a prestigious national law firm and quickly realized the economic challenge of litigating cases under the billable hour model applied to most commercial litigation.
Since joining Morgan & Morgan, Damien is convinced that litigating commercial cases on a success fee basis provides clients increased access to our justice system as opposed to a model fixated on the endless quest for billable hours that foreclosed access long ago.
An additional problem is the absence of actual trial experience by most lawyers at many of the national firms. Damien typically tries at least one business case to verdict a year and has obtained jury verdicts in excess of $1 million.
Damien represents clients in state and federal courts throughout the country and has significant experience in complex commercial litigation, contract actions, professional malpractice, idea theft and trade secret litigation, securities litigation and business torts.
Damien also has considerable experience in the litigation adversary proceedings in federal bankruptcy courts and bankruptcy legal malpractice actions.
Damien was named a “Rising Star” in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by Florida Super Lawyers magazine—an annual publication that recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s young lawyers. He has also been recognized as a “Legal Elite Up and Comer” by Florida Trend magazine, which recognizes attorneys under 40 that represent the future of the legal profession in Florida.
Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Damien practiced for several years in the national law firm of BakerHostetler as well as Shutts & Bowen.
- Mercer School of Law, Juris Doctorate
- Florida State University, B.A., Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
PUBLICATIONS & RELATED ARTICLES
- Morgan & Morgan Accuses Carlton Fields of Putting ‘Cash Ahead of Duties’ in Malpractice Case, July 19, 2019.
- Carlton Fields Switched Sides In Transaction, Suit Says, July 18, 2019.