Keith Meehan is an attorney in the Tampa office of the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group. Mr. Meehan handles a wide variety of complex business litigation on a contingency-fee basis, including contract disputes, business torts, real estate, professional malpractice, bankruptcy adversary litigation, and more. He regularly handles matters in both state and federal courts.
Mr. Meehan’s professional background includes practicing for more than six years at Gardner Brewer Martinez-Monfort, P.A., a boutique litigation and real estate firm in Tampa. Prior to that, he interned with the Honorable Michael G. Williamson of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division.
For four years in a row, from 2015-2018, Mr. Meehan has earned Florida Super Lawyers magazine’s “Rising Star” accolade in Business Litigation, a distinction awarded to the top 2.5% of young attorneys in the state. He was also named as one of 2017’s “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend in Business Litigation – a designation awarded to attorneys by their peers, given to less than 2% of attorneys in the state of Florida.
Mr. Meehan earned his bachelor’s degree from Emory University in 2008, and was the captain of the varsity soccer team. In 2011, he earned his law degree from Stetson University College of Law where he was a recipient of the James R. Wilson Scholarship for Excellence in Trusts and Estates Law.
Mr. Meehan grew up in Tampa and graduated from Jesuit High School and currently serves on the Jesuit High School Alumni Council.
- Bankruptcy Adversary Litigation
- Business Tort Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Professional Malpractice
- Real Estate Litigation
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Up and Comer (Commercial Litigation), 2017
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (Business Litigation), 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Environmental and Land Use Law Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Emory University (B.A., Economics 2008)
- Varsity Soccer Team Captain
- Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society Member
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Recipient of the James R. Wilson Scholarship for excellence in Trusts and Estate Law