Mitch Schermer is a partner with Morgan & Morgan’s Business Trial Group in Tampa, Florida. Mitch’s practice is dedicated to the representation of businesses and individuals in commercial and real property litigation. Mitch also focuses on construction litigation, representing clients in construction defect, lien, and payment dispute litigation. Throughout his career, Mitch has obtained favorable results for clients in high-stakes matters in both state and federal courts.
By litigating matters exclusively on a contingency-fee basis, Mitch works tirelessly to assist his clients in obtaining the justice that they deserve. Mitch’s practice is well-positioned to allow his clients to litigate against opponents with deep pockets in order to right wrongs, and to be fairly and adequately compensated for their damages.
Mitch is rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale Hubble, demonstrating that his peers view him as exhibiting the highest level of legal skill, acumen, and ethical standards. This distinction is awarded to approximately 10% of lawyers nationwide. Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Mitch practiced at a boutique litigation firm in Tampa, focusing on business and commercial litigation, construction litigation, and real property litigation.
Mitch is a graduate of Stetson University College of Law, where he served as Student Body President in his third year. While in law school, Mitch worked as a research assistant focusing on consumer protection law and antitrust. He also served as an intern to the Honorable Pamela A.M. Campbell of Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit. Mitch is an honors graduate of Florida State University, where he obtained degrees in political science and international relations.
Currently, Mitch serves as Vice President of the Stetson University College of Law Alumni Association, and is also the President-Elect of the organization. Mitch has been appointed to serve on Florida Bar Committees, and has given his time in service of non-profit organizations.
Mitch is fluent in Spanish and maintains conversational proficiency in Hebrew, allowing him to better serve his clients.
- Commercial & Real Property Litigation
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Student Bar Association President
- Florida State University, B.A. cum laude, Political Science and International Relations
- Garnet and Gold Key Leadership Honorary
- Order of Omega
Awards and Recognitions
- Martindale Hubble AV-Preeminent Rating 2020, 2021
- Stetson University College of Law Alumni Association
- Vice President
- The Florida Bar
- Committee on Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy