William B. Lewis
William is a partner in the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group and manages the firm’s West Palm Beach office. William concentrates his practice on business and securities litigation and has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of complex disputes. He regularly litigates cases in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums, throughout South Florida.
William is experienced at litigating business disputes on a contingency-fee basis and has a track record of significant verdicts and settlements. He exclusively represents businesses and individuals with meritorious claims that have been damaged due to the misconduct of larger, wealthier, or insured parties. William is driven by the philosophy that justice requires cases to be decided on the merits – not by the size of a corporation or insurance company’s legal budget.
William’s FINRA arbitration practice focuses on representing investors who have been damaged due to broker fraud, misrepresentation, and mismanagement. He is a member of PIABA – the preeminent bar association of attorneys devoted to representing and protecting investors against brokers and brokerage firms.
On multiple occasions, William has been named a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – a recognition given to the top 2.5% of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. He has also been honored by Florida Trend Magazine as a Florida Legal Elite “Up and Comer,” which is an award given by lawyers to less than 2% of fellow Florida Bar members.
William is actively involved in the professional community. He is currently serving a three-year term on the Florida Bar’s Committee on Professionalism and is serving as chair of the Palm Beach County Bar’s Business Litigation Continuing Education Committee. William also sits on the Board of Directors of the University of Florida Law Alumni Council.
Prior to joining the Business Trial Group, William practiced law at a national firm that prosecuted antitrust class actions on behalf of businesses and individuals. William also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Florida State Attorney’s Office, where he led multiple jury trials.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- University of Florida, Frederic G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Board Member
- University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business, MBA
- Colgate University, B.A., Cum Laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Judicial Relations Committee
- Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee
- Martin County Bar Association
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council
- Board of Directors
- Craig S. Barnard American Inns of Court
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
PUBLICATIONS & RELATED ARTICLES
- Business Trial Group Wins Verdict in Sales Commission Case, September 21, 2016.
- How Commercial Real Estate Brokers Can Recover Unpaid Commissions, June 13, 2016.
- Law Firm Hourly Rates Hit $2,000: How Can Businesses Afford High-Quality Representation? June 1, 2016.
- Business Trial Group Helps Small Business Owner Win Jury Verdict Against Safeguard America, May 17, 2016.
- The Plausibility Standard as a Double-edged Sword: The Application of Twombly and Iqbal to Affirmative Defenses, The Florida Bar Journal, June 2010, at 77.