William B. Lewis
William concentrates his practice on business and securities litigation and has successfully represented clients in a wide variety of complex disputes. He regularly litigates cases in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums, throughout South Florida.
William is experienced at litigating business disputes on a contingency-fee basis and has a track record of significant verdicts and settlements. He exclusively represents businesses and individuals with meritorious claims that have been damaged due to the misconduct of larger, wealthier, or insured parties. William is driven by the philosophy that justice requires cases to be decided on the merits – not by the size of a corporation or insurance company’s legal budget.
William’s FINRA arbitration practice focuses on representing investors who have been damaged due to broker fraud, misrepresentation, and mismanagement. He is a member of PIABA – the preeminent bar association of attorneys devoted to representing and protecting investors against brokers and brokerage firms.
William was named a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers magazine – an annual publication that recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. He graduated with honors from Colgate University and received a J.D. and M.B.A. with honors from the University of Florida, where he was a board member of the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy.
Prior to joining the Business Trial Group, William practiced law at a national firm where he prosecuted antitrust class actions on behalf of businesses and individuals. William also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Florida State Attorney’s Office.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- University of Florida, Frederic G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business, MBA
- Colgate University, B.A., Cum Laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Judicial Relations Committee
- Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee
- Martin County Bar Association
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council
- Board of Directors
- Craig S. Barnard American Inns of Court
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
PUBLICATIONS & RELATED ARTICLES
- How Commercial Real Estate Brokers Can Recover Unpaid Commissions, June 13, 2016.
- Law Firm Hourly Rates Hit $2,000: How Can Businesses Afford High-Quality Representation? June 1, 2016.
- Business Trial Group Helps Small Business Owner Win Jury Verdict Against Safeguard America, May 17, 2016.
- The Plausibility Standard as a Double-edged Sword: The Application of Twombly and Iqbal to Affirmative Defenses, The Florida Bar Journal, June 2010, at 77.