William B. Lewis
William Lewis is a partner in the Morgan & Morgan Business Trial Group and manages the firm’s West Palm Beach office. His practice is dedicated to complex business litigation and he has successfully represented clients in a wide-variety of industries and disputes.
William litigates business cases on a contingency-fee basis, representing companies and individuals with meritorious claims that have been damaged due to the misconduct of larger, wealthier, or insured parties. He is driven by the philosophy that justice requires cases to be decided on the merits, not by the size of a corporation or insurance company’s legal budget.
William is a proven trial lawyer, having won multiple jury and bench trials in cases involving contracts, employment, real estate, and partnerships, among others. He regularly litigates in state and federal courts, as well as arbitration forums, throughout Florida.
He has consistently been named a Florida Super Lawyers “Rising Star,” which recognizes the top 2.5% of the state’s lawyers under the age of 40. He has also been honored by Florida Trend Magazine on multiple occasions as a Florida Legal Elite “Up and Comer” – an award given by lawyers to less than 2% of fellow Florida Bar members.
William was appointed to the Florida Bar’s Committee on Professionalism, he is currently the chair of the Palm Beach County Bar’s Business Litigation Committee, and he is a member of the Board of Directors of the University of Florida Law Alumni Council. William is a frequent speaker on issues involving business and securities litigation to groups such as the American Bar Association and the Florida Justice Association.
Prior to joining the Business Trial Group, William practiced law at a national firm where he prosecuted large-scale antitrust claims. He also interned at the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the State Attorney’s Office, where he first-chaired multiple jury trials. Before becoming an attorney, William received an MBA in finance and securities analysis and worked at a hedge fund.
- Business Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
- University of Florida, Frederic G. Levin College of Law, Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
- Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy, Board Member
- University of Florida Hough Graduate School of Business, MBA, Cum Laude
- Colgate University, B.A., Cum Laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- Florida Bar Association
- Committee on Professionalism
- Business Law Section
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Business Litigation Committee, Chair
- Judicial Relations Committee
- Circuit Court Civil Practice Committee
- Martin County Bar Association
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council
- Board of Directors
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Forum Club of the Palm Beaches
PUBLICATIONS & RELATED ARTICLES
- Seven Business Trial Group Attorneys Selected for Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List, June 20, 2018.
- Business Trial Group Wins $771k Verdict for Florida Family, April 24, 2018.
- Business Trial Group Wins Trial on Behalf of Estate, April 18, 2018.
- Seven Business Trial Group Attorneys Selected as Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, June 21, 2017.
- William B. Lewis Appointed to Florida Bar Professionalism Committee, June 14, 2017.
- Business Trial Group Wins Verdict in Sales Commission Case, September 21, 2016.
- How Commercial Real Estate Brokers Can Recover Unpaid Commissions, June 13, 2016.
- Law Firm Hourly Rates Hit $2,000: How Can Businesses Afford High-Quality Representation? June 1, 2016.
- Business Trial Group Helps Small Business Owner Win Jury Verdict Against Safeguard America, May 17, 2016.
- The Plausibility Standard as a Double-edged Sword: The Application of Twombly and Iqbal to Affirmative Defenses, The Florida Bar Journal, June 2010, at 77.